Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grandpa Gar and Grandma Mer's house

We drove down yesterday morning to visit Grandpa and Grandma Anderson! They live about an hour and 1/2 from Grandma and Grandpa Adams. Grandpa Gar and Grandma Mer have a very warm and comfortable home and we are enjoying our visit. Yesterday, we went to lunch and then went to see the new movie, WALL-E. Funny: Dad and Scott went outside in the backyard. Mer and I were inside when we heard a huge BANG! Mer saw Cailey run (I believe) full speed into the sliding glass door!!! Apparently, she thought is was open (that's why I leave my glass doors dirty! It's a safety reason. HA HA HA HA!!!). Poor Cailey was standing outside looking up at the sky...I figured she was okay because she would usually start SCREAMING if she was hurt. Unfortunately, she was hurt (a little blood coming from her nose!), but she was so embarrassed that she was trying not to cry. I felt so bad for her! But, it was still kinda funny because there was a face mark on the door!! Sorry ~ but it was funny...we tried not to laugh. Luckily, Scott has a way of making light of the situation and Cailey was laughing at herself in just a few minutes. After a good nap for Ben, we met Jamie, Cody, Dylan, and Chris for dinner and then went night swimming at the club house. Cody looks so different and so much older and really handsome! Dylan is a cutie and got along with Ben really well. Ben liked having someone to play with!

The house also has a great back yard off the 16th fairway. Cailey and Scott got up this morning for a 7:50a tee-time and played 18 holes! This is Cailey's first time playing 18 holes and she was really, really tired. Scott called us when they were coming up to the 16th tee so I could take pictures (see attached video slide show). Cailey has been taking golf lessons and this is the first time Scott got to see her progress ~ I think he was pleasantly surprised and very excited about having a new golf buddy. Cailey really enjoyed her day with Daddy ~ that makes my heart melt to see Cailey and her daddy spending some good, quality time together. If nothing else, golf lessons have given Scott and Cailey a special activity they can do together. Dad, Ben, and I met them at the Club House for some lunch. We had a good time.

We went swimming again this afternoon at the community pool. It was so hot that when Scott got into the pool and swam over to us, the heat was still radiating off of him! I believe the temp was over 100 degrees today, but it feels hotter down here. I like the heat, so I don't mind.

On our way to pick cousin Cody up from his house, Cailey stepped into a cactus in Dad's front yard...put big cactus needles in her toes ~ oh my! She screamed SO loud! I think there is still a needle in her big toe, but it went straight in and I can't get to it ~ here's hoping it works itself out and doesn't get infected. She's so dramatic though and keeps talking about it! After we picked Cody up, we all went grocery shopping to get supplies for a little BBQ dinner with the O'Briens. I made fresh salsa ~ yum, yum, yum!!! Love salsa!!!

Dylan showed up with a swim vest like Ben's ~ how cute is that! He was so excited to show Ben his swim vest...it made me smile. The kids tried to go swimming again, but the pool was closed due to lightning ~ poor Dylan didn't get to use that new swim vest. Oh, I sure hope we get some rain!!! I love the rain storms here!

We are back up to Grandpa and Grandma Adams' house tomorrow morning for July 4. We are going to celebrate Ben's birthday tomorrow night at the Phoenix Zoo!

No comments: